The Mobius Art & Science Initiative (MASI) connects artists, scientists, and thinkers to engage in dialogues and actions that create a harmonious understanding of an increasingly complex global society.
The Mobius Art & Science Initiative (MASI) is created to build a robust online network of artists, scientists, and thinkers by:
- Creating meaningful online/offline partnerships
- Promoting art and science events
- Organizing opportunities to present and discuss the intersection between art, science, and society.
There are meaningful and transformative connections between art and science.
Art is a means of self-expression and communication. Through art, we discover a personal understanding about our place in the world and our ability to communicate complex ideas. A person trained in the arts constantly refines their creative, observational, and alternative thinking skills when approaching ideas.
Through painting, music, or photography, we develop interpretive skills that give us a personal route towards expressing our community’s emotions, feelings, and importance. Art allows us to share our personal vision of the world.
Science is a “common sense” that we use to explain our world. It allows us to separate fact from fiction within a global framework that presents theories and conclusions. Persons trained in the scientific method are trained in critical thinking and defining the terms of cause and effect.
Study of the sciences challenges our assumptions. It provides answers to everyday challenges using analytical skills that are essential to making decisions, collaborating, and shaping our identities.
The space where art and science meet is the space where individuals and communities can define purpose, advocate, and realize the greatest possible potential for global interconnection. This is the central purpose of the Mobius Art & Science Initiative.
- Build a robust online community that uses the tools of art to inspire scientific understanding
- Create win-win partnerships that increase understanding between artists, scientists, and thinkers
- Promote art and science communication and events
- Change the world (in an awesome way)
This page has the following sub pages.